Forms and Registration -
Membership in USMS is for both clubs and individuals. To join USMS as an individual, download the swimmer registration form and print it out. Complete it and mail it with a check to the South Texas Masters Swimming Registrar at the address given on the form. You can register affiliated with a club (see the Clubs & Places to Swim) or you can be unattached. To sign up a club for membership in USMS, complete the club form and send it along with payment to the registrar.
If you have more questions concerning membership, contact the South Texas Masters Swimming Registrar (STRegistrar@usms.org).
Online registration is available for individual swimmers.
You can register yourself online on or after Nov 1 by credit card at (http://registration.usms.org). To register by check, to transfer to a different club, or to register a club, please use the appropriate form below. You must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 in order to view the .pdf format.
- 2013 Swimmer Membership Application (.pdf)
- 2013 Application for Transfer of Club Membership (.pdf)
- 2013 Club Membership Application (.pdf)
Please mail your registration form(s) and check made payable to STLMSC to the following address:
1109 Shine Lane
Harker Heights, TX 76548
To obtain a local USMS Meet or Event sanction:
- The event director goes to http://www.usms.org/comp/sanction/request.php
- Complete the online process and submit the form.
- When the event is submitted, an email is sent to the LMSC sanctions chair.
- The sanctions chair logs into the system, reviews the event information, may request additional information if needed and as long as all appropriate requirements have been met, apporves the request. The event will be automatically added to the USMS calendar of events and the meet director will receive a confirmation e-mail of the approval.
- For Pool Events, please submit a $40 Sanction Fee payable to: South Texas LMSC (Sanction will not be approved or issued until the fee is received).
For Open Water Events, the sanction fee depends on the type of event. The fee will either be $1,000 or $1,800. The STLMSC Sanctions Chair will inform you of the fee amount prior to approving the sanction request.
1100 Sprague Lane
Austin, TX 78746
Sanction will not be approved or issued until the fee is received.
For additional information email STSanctions@usms.org
For assistance with the process, see the information below about the process.
Tutorial for Event Directors (this provides a step-by-step guide for submitting a sanction request).
Worksheet for Event Directors (this provides a printable worksheet that the event director can use to prepare for a sanction request).
Tutorial for Sanctions Chairs (this provides a step-by-step guide for approving a sanction request).
Link to Pool Measurement Forms.